Nuketown Radio Active #72 contemplates the best way to organize a geeky bookshelf, takes another turn at chess with kids, finds out that Neutron Lad has a lot to talk about, and asks questions about Nuketown’s long-dormant RADIATIONS newsletter.
Finally I review Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition, the latest edition of the venerable role-playing game by Wizards of the Coast.
Getting the Show
There are several ways to get the podcast:
- Nuketown News
- NeutronLad decides to reorganize his room
- StarGirl loves chess.
- I’m reworking the geek dad bookshelf. Photo on Flickr
- NeutronLad gets talking … and talking … and talking.
- Should I bring back the RADIATIONS Newsletter? Vote on Nuketown
- Promo: RPG Podcasts
- Pyramid: Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition Reviewed (subscription required)
- The Tome: Player’s Handbook
- The Tome: Monster Manual and Dungeon Master’s Guide
- SCIFI.com: Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition
- The Game’s the Thing: Episode 034: Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition Discussion
- Investigating Mind Games Vol 1 #07 – JJ and Sean Talk 4th Edition…
- Virtual Play – Episode 29: Dungeons & Dragons 4E
- WapCaplets: Episode 19: Obligatory D&D 4E Episode
- Radio Free Hommlet: A D&D 4E Podcast
- Pulp Gamer: 4E First Impressions
- Promo: Canon Puncture
- Review: Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition
- Read the full review at Nuketown.com
- Final Analysis:
- I like 4E, but I don’t love it. I think it’s a bad fit for traditional campaign settings, including Greyhawk and Forgotten Realms and works best with players who are tired of 3E, are looking for something with more focused character options, and are willing to reboot their campaign.
- The game system is less flexible than it’s predecessor, and unlike 3E players will find themselves forcing their campaigns to fit 4E’s play style, rather than the other way around.
- If I were starting up a new D&D campaign with a new group of players, I might go with an Eberron 4E campaign (especially once the updated setting is released next year) but for now 4E’s off my active gaming radar.
- And yeah, I’m tired of arguing about 4E.
- Promo: Geek Acres
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=706747005
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype: nuketown
- MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/knewquist
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NukeHavoc
- Good Reads: http://www.goodreads.com/profile/nukehavoc