A round of Star Wars RPG-related posts and web links, including Sterling Hershey’s “Star Wars Wednesday” posts about “Adventuring in the Tree”, “Running Published Campaigns” and “Species Creation”. There are also revised vehicle design rules for Star Wars d6, an adaptation of the AGE system from Green Ronin’s Dragon Age RPG, a love letter to the d6 system, and a discussion of story reverals in RPGs.
The official Wizards of the Coast web site for Star Wars: Saga Edition is long gone, but thankfully freelancer has stepped into the void with his Star Wars Wednesday feature. These posts offer advice on running a Star Wars campaigns, new species, new tech, and other helpful tidbits.
- Sterling Hershey: Star Wars Wednesday – Adventuring in the Tree: A post inspired by the recent “Altar of Mortis” episodes of The Clone Wars, Sterling talks about how to play up the supernatural aspects of the Force, mimicking both this episode as well as Luke Skywalker’s own encounter with his fears on Dagobah.
- Sterling Hershey: Star Wars Wednesday – Running Published Epic Length Campaigns: Inspired by the Dawn of Defiance campaign as well as full length D&D campaigns like the Rod of Seven Parts, this post offers tips and tricks for running someone else’s campaign.
- Sterling Hershey: Star Wars Wednesday – Chevin and Species Creation: Thoughts on species creation, and Sterling’s take on the Chevin.
- Emergence Campaign Blog: Star Wars Vehicle Design Rules v2 (d6): The title says it all.
- The Dragon Age in a galaxy far, far away: Adapting the AGE ruleset to Star Wars
- Level 1 GM: Wookie Leaks: The Level 1 GM’s Star Wars campaign restarts.
- More Than Dice: Darkness Before the Dawn: A discussion of story reversals in RPGs, and how a dark turn — like Sauron’s seeming inevitable victory in The Lord of the Rings — can set the stage for great role-playing.
- Rule of the Dice: Why Star Wars is the Best RPG Ever (d6): A fan explains why he loves West End Game’s d6 iteration of Star Wars
- Episode 128 – Mass Drunk Combat Texting: An overview of the mass combat rules from the Clone Wars Campaign Guide. I wish they’d spent more time talking about specific scenarios and ideas for mass combat, but the overview did remind me how much I’d like to try out these rules in my Mandalorian Wars campaign.
- Episode 129 – You Got Cybernetics in my Meatbag: A look at the cybernetic rules from the core rule book, the Galaxy at War source book, and myriad other sources.