On this episode of Nuketown Radio Active I catch a bad break in the New Year as I recover from a broken ankle.
All that free time sitting on the couch while my ankle healed did wonders for my gaming life though. Join me as I explore the post-apocalyptic wilderness of Horizon Zero Dawn and prepare for the crime of the week with Blades in the Dark.
Getting the Show
- Breaking in the New Year
- I meant to podcast in December and January, I really did … but I broke my right ankle slipping on snow covered ice.
- Surgery on January 9; most of the rest of the last month recovering.
- It’s hard to go from super active to super inactive … but it did give me a lot of time read and play video games.
- Mostly working from home because I can’t drive; on the plus side I’m really productive.
- Hopefully I’ll be walking without crutches in March. Running may be hard … but swimming’s looking good.
- Best thing I did to prepare for the unexpected? Get fit.
What I’m Playing Now
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Excellent open world RPG in which you take on the role of Aloy, a young woman cast out from her tribe into a world filled with menacing mechanical beasts.
- Scratches the hunting itch you didn’t know you had.
- Beautiful vistas, engaging story.
- Great way to pass the time when you’re stranded on your sofa with a broken ankle.
- Buy it for PlayStation 4 from Amazon.com.
- Blades in the Dark
- New RPG from Evil Hat in which you’re part of a crew of thieves living in a gloomy urban city haunted by ghosts and protected from demons by a giant lightning wall.
- Got it for Christmas … and actually played it in January!
- Participating in an online campaign.
- Think movies like Heat and TV series like Peaky Blinders. We’re playing it more like Leverage.
- Buy it from Amazon.com or Evil Hat.
- Is there anybody out there? We’re looking for podcast promos! Send yours to us at email@example.com.
- Audio and text comments always welcome!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nuketownsf
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nuketownsf