The cornucopia of Star Wars: Saga Edition content continues this week with a 5-part series from Wizards of the Coast about “Mythmaking in Star Wars”, which talks about adapting Joseph Campbell’s monomyth theories to role-playing games. They’ve also go two new ships detailed in “Message to Spaces”: Crusader-class Corvette and the Heraklon-class Transport.
In blog news, Level 1 GM details the opening of her new Star Wars campaign, the d6-powered Emergence Campaign Blog offers a NPC villain write-up and a recounting of a recent game session, and Newbie GM talks about adapting the Saga Edition condition track to Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition. Finally, Order 66 is back with two new episodes — the first discussing NPC creation with Sterling Hershey and the second talking about ways to incorporate Star Wars imagery and a 3D feel into your campaign.
WotC Role-Playing Game
- Message to Spacers: Crusader-class Corvette: “The Crusader-class corvette is a vessel designed for the purpose of engaging smaller support craft, such as starfighters and bombers.”
- Message to Spacers: Heraklon-class Transport: “The Heraklon-class transport is one of the primary freighters in use by the Galactic Republic around the time of the Dark Wars that plagued the galaxy. Versatile in scope, the transport has proven itself to be rather useful to many different organizations for many different reasons.”
- Mythmaking in Star Wars I: The Hero This 5-part series talks about adapting Joseph Campbell’s monomyth theories to Star Wars role-playing games.
- Mythmaking in Star Wars II: Archtype, Part 1
- Mythmaking in Star Wars III: Archtype, Part 2
- Mythmaking in Star Wars IV: Monomyth Structure, Part I
- Mythmaking in Star Wars IV: Monomyth Structure, Part II
Blogs, Forums and Wikis
- Level 1 GM: The adventures of stormtrooper Dave The Level 1 GM recounts the start of her new Classic Era Star Wars campaign.
- Emergence Campaign Blog: Valerie Soung of the Varen Sith: Villain write-up for a Star Wars d6 campaign.
- Emergence Campaign Blog: Recordings from the Holocron of Kira Keldav – Session 10: Session write-up for a Star Wars d6 campaign.
- NewbieDM.com: Star Wars Saga Condition Track and D&D: Thoughts on porting the condition track to D&D 4th Edition.
- NewbieDM.com: Setting the mood in a galaxy far, far away…
Computer RPG Blogs
- Joystiq: Star Wars: The Old Republic dev diary explains fair, heroic combat: Bioware continues to impress me with their The Old Republic MMORPG. The hope is that it will be as good as the Knights of the Old Republic games, and when I see previews like this — which discusses making combat truly heroic — I think that we may actually see it happen.
- Order 66 Podcast: Episode 101 – En Pee Theeths [mp3] A discussion with Star Wars RPG writer Mr. Sterling Hershey about NPC creation.
- Order 66 Podcast: Episode 102 – Fightdown from the High Ground in 3D [mp3]: “We discuss the best ways to bring Star Wars imagery and a cinematic, epic feel to the encounters that deserve it! Learn how to make things better… IN 3D!!!!”