The first day of GenCon registration was a frustrating, aggravating experience that took an hour and a half to complete, with most of that time spent trying (and failing) to “check out” and purchase my events. I’d be astounded by just how badly registration behaved … if I hadn’t heard how it took hours to complete registration last year. Instead, I’m just disappointed by a process that clearly needs some quality time with some load-testing specialists.
Having said all that, I made out pretty well during registration. While I was unable to get any tickets for Spirit of the Century, Mutants & Masterminds or Call of Cthulhu, I did get most of what I went looking for. That includes two sessions of D&D, two of Savage Worlds (in two different genres), one session of Godlike, one session of Star Wars and one of Spycraft 2.0.
I remain cautiously optimistic that I might be able to get into an ad hoc Spirit of the Century or CoCgame at GenCon, particularly after the gamerfest that will be the podcasting party.
Here’s my schedule for GenCon 2007:
- 8 a.m.-1 p.m. RPGA00041 COR7-13 Journey to the Hidden Shrine (D&D)
- 5-9 p.m. RPG00900 The Stand at Oradur sur Glanc (Godlike)
- 8 a.m.-1 p.m. RPGA00024 CORS7-03 Into White Plume (D&D)
- 5-9 p.m. RPG01421 The Savage World of Solomon Kane (Savage Worlds)
- 8 a.m.-1 p.m. RPGA00109 Star Wars: Prelude to Defiance (Star Wars)
- 2-6 p.m. RPG00745 Farthest Star: The Break Up (Spycraft)
- 7-9 p.m. ENT00004 Gaming Podcasting Party
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. RPG00962 Sundered Skies (Savage Worlds)