The big news this week is about the new Nuketown web site and some of the content that's soon to grace its Web pages. Balancing out the self-congratulatory ramblings and pleads for comments is a review of the Battlestar Galactica Season 2 Soundtrack, including several tracks from the CD courtesy of LaLa Land Records. There's also some discussion of Uncle Bear's Gamer Podcast project.
Getting the Podcast
There are several ways to get the podcast:
- Download the MP3 directly
- Subscribe to the podcast rss feed using an aggregator (you only need to do this once; subsequent shows should download automatically)
- Subscribe via iTunes (you need iTunes installed on your computer for this to work)
- Subscribe via Odeo
- "Colonial Anthem" from Battlestar Galactica Season 2 Soundtrack
- Nuketown News
- The New Nuketown
- The new Nuketown is online and ready for business!
- We have 10 users on the site already, but what we don't have is many comments.
- The promised link to the "Libertarian Gamer: Gamma World" column I wrote
- So please stop by, create an account, and start posting comments! (like say, about how you like the podcast?)
- Luc Update
- The baby is doing well -- he's loving the Superman Returns soundtrack, which almost always settles him down when he gets upset. Also, he smiled at me for the first time today, which was very, very cool.
- "Does My Geek Look Big in This?"
- Sites of Note
- Uncle Bear's Podcasting Project
- Looking for new blogs, podcasts, vlogs and such -- got one? Send it to email@example.com or post a comment on the show notes.
- The Round Table, Season 2
- Music Review: Battlestar Galactica, Season 2 Soundtrack
- 23 tracks lasting 1:18:38.
- LaLa Land Records
- Official Soundtrack Web Page
- Buy it from Amazon.com
- Shows the same musical diversity as the original soundtrack, though this time it reinforces and expands on existing themes in addition to adding wholly new tracks.
- Reviewed Tracks:
- "Pegasus": a beautiful, track in which you can perfectly imagine the Pegasus floating in space, the camera slowly drifting over her contours.
- "Something Dark is Coming" (excerpt0: Dark and slightly discordant.
- "Scar": Traditional BSG track, with lots of drums and a primal feel.
- "Black Market": An intense, aggressive track not at all in keeping with the rest of the BSG mood … and all the more interesting for it.
- All in all, a solid soundtrack, definitely worth buying for those who are into the series.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comments: Click on the "add a comment" link below.