After two years, Wizards of the Coast's Dawn of the Defiance RPGA campaign has concluded with Episode #10: Jaws of the Sarlacc. In this week's Star Wars roundup I've got a link to the module as well as Rodney Thompson's retrospective on the campaign.
In other news, there's Galaxy at War miniatures previews, a new Jedi Counseling focusing on starship design, a review of the Rebellion Era Campaign Guide, and a writeup of the insane Jedi Joruus C'baoth.
WotC: Role-playing Game
- Dawn of Defiance: Adventure 10: Jaws of the Sarlacc: The concluding chapter of the RPGA star wars campaign.
- Jedi Counseling 115: Dry Docks and Hangar Bays: The Star Wars Q&A column tackles the starship design rules featured in Starships of the Galaxy as well as rules clarifications for the miniatures game.
WotC: Miniatures Game
- Galaxy at War: Miniatures Preview 4: Wat Tambor, Techno Union Foreman and 501st Clone Trooper
- Galaxy at War: Miniatures Preview 5: Clone Trooper with Repeating Blaster and Elite Senate Guard
- Galaxy at War: Miniatures Preview 6: Aqualish Technician and Treadwell Droid
- Wizards.com: Dawn of Defiance Retrospective Rodney Thompson offers his thoughts on the conclusion of the Dawn of Defiance RPGA campaign for Star Wars, including his reflections on what doesn't work with high level and starship combat.
- Role Play Media Network: Star Wars Group Not technically a blog post, but I'm not going to create another category just for social media. This is a newly-spawned Star Wars RPG forum over at the equally-new Role Play Media Network.
- GameCryer.com: Rebellion Era Campaign Guide My review of the new campaign guide. I've got to say, while this book didn't wow me, my players have really enjoyed the background system. This is probably the second most borrowed book in my library right now (1st would be the Jedi Academy Training Manual
- Saga-Edition.com: Joruus C’baoth A write-up and statblock for the insane Dark Jedi featured in Timothy Zahn's Dark Force Rising trilogy.
- Saga-Edition.com: Kas’im’s Lightsaber Sequences The sequences are lightsaber training regimens (introduced in the Jedi Academy Training Manual) developed by the Blademaster of the Korriban Sith Academy during the New Sith Wars (Darth Bane's reign).
- Level 1 GM: Gaming and the Expanded Universe (Part 1): The Source of Our Power A look at the history of Star Wars role-playing and how it influenced the Expanded Universe.