For years, Order 66 was the only Star Wars: Saga Edition podcast. Now there are two, thanks to Threat Detected, a show dedicated to playing through the Dawn of Defiance campaign. In other Star Wars RPG news, Saga-Edition.com resumes publication with write-ups for the VCX-700 Heavy Courier and the HWK-290 while Dice of Doom tries out the RPG, and likes what they find.
The official Star Wars: Saga Edition web site is no more, but there are still the occasional posts by former Saga writers.
- SterlingHershey.com: Star Wars Wednesday - Superweapon...of the week!" Sterling looks at how to include superweapons in your campaign.
- SterlingHershey.com: Star Wars Wednesday - Mobilized: A rundown of ways to use smartphones to augment your game.
Saga-Edition.com returns from its long slumber with four new write-ups, including two starships, a new kind of grenade, and a new talent.
- VCX-700 Heavy Courier: "The 26 meter-long courier produced by Corellian Engineering Corporation comes with more weapons than any other stock ship its size."
- HWK-290: A write-up of the starship made famous by Kyle Katarn in the Dark Forces video games.
- Weapon: Incendiary Grenade: Why just shower your enemies in shrapnel when you can set them on fire as well?
- Talent: Sleeper Hold: A new martial arts talent.
- Total Party Kill: Discontinued lines / Where do games go when they die?: A melancholy post on the death of game lines (Star Wars: Saga Edition included)
- Dice of Doom: Star Wars RPG Saga Edition: Review, Resources, and More: Dice of Doom is trying out one game a month for a year; in January they looked at Star Wars.
- Emergence Campaign: From the Diaries of Alys Nere – Session 52: Campaign notes from the perspective of character Alys Nere
- Emergence Campaign: The Twelve Moons of Varen II: A cool background write-up on one of the Emergence campaign's key stomping grounds.
- Order 66: Episode 131 - Thats No Moon Its A Plot Device: The first of a three-part series that explores the Battlestation rules from Galaxy at War
- Order 66: Episode 132 - An Era prone Episode: An extensive discussion of each of the major Star Wars eras and the advantages and disadvantages of running campaigns set in them.
- Order 66: Episode 133 - Bed Battlestations and Beyond: Part 2 of the Battlestation series
- Threat Detected: Episode 1: A new podcast dedicated to the Dawn of Defiance campaign.