It's been a long time since I did a Star Wars RPG round up -- unfortunately without an active campaign I find it's all to easy to let the months slip by without searching the internet for material.
For my part, my campaign isn't entirely dead. I ran a Star Wars: Saga Edition one shot at NukemCon 2012. It was called Forcequake and saw the heroes trying to stop their adopted homeworld of Zebulon Beta from being torn apart by a Sith knowledge cult experimenting with an alien force machine.
It was for 11th-12th level characters, and included a cool flight through a hollow planet (that would be Zebulon Prime, the planet which Zebulon Beta orbits) and a zero-g fight at its core. Meanwhile, there was a pitched fight between Mandalorian occupiers and Sith on Beta, which was interrupted by the arrival of Jedi Master Quest Fios. It saw the arrival of Lord Draconis, a Sith lord who was revealed to be Lornn Varri, a fallen Jedi knight who'd once trained Quest and a number of other padawans.
The game ended with a clash of lightsabers after Quest gave into his rage and struck down his former master ... and the Jedi's own ally, Maddox, moved to arrest him. It was a tense night, and honestly, I have no idea how (or when) it will all play out but it does setup a next logical (and pulpy) chapter: "The Trial of Quest Fios"
Star Wars: Saga Edition
Sterling Hershey continues to be a one-man Saga Edition engine, pumping out new write-ups and commentary for the game.
- sterlinghershey.com: See ya CL...: Star Wars designer Sterling Hershey discusses his use (or lack there of) of Challenge Level in his campaign.
- sterlinghershey.com: Nova Eclipse A write-up on the Nova Eclipse, a AR-37 Paragon-Class Light Transport featured for Christopher West's map of the same name. He includes d20 and d6 versions of the ship.
- sagaedition.com: Greater Weapon Focus (pistols): For use with the Gunslinger Talent tree
- Influence Prodigy: This talent is designed for use with the Alter Talent Tree
- sagaedition.com: Interceptor IV Frigate: Frigate CL 17. From the write-up: "With superior shielding and improved weaponry, as well as the “full salvo” missile capabilities that allowed the frigate to fire a barrage of missiles at its target, the Interceptor was a cheap, yet versatile, vessel."
- sagaedition.com: Vengeance-class Frigate: Frigate CL 15. From the write-up: "It was an upgrade of the Interceptor-class frigate widely used by pirate forces."
Star Wars: AGE
Green Ronin's AGE system -- the engine that runs Green Ronin's Dragon Age -- has inspired surprising loyalty from its fans, as well as a good deal of innovation. NewbieDM has been writing an AGE adaptaton of Star Wars. Excerpts of the project have been appearing on DragonAgeOracle.com.
- dragonageorracle.com: The Wookie
- dragonageorracle.com: The Ewok
- dragonageorracle.com: The Scoundrel
- dragonageorracle.com: Species of SW: Age of Rebellion
- NewbieDm.com: Tempted by the Dark Side of the SW Age Force
- NewbieDm.com: Starfighter combat in SW/AGE
- thetome.podbean.com: Rodney Thompson Advice (Tome 193): Rodney talks about his work ranging from Star Wars Saga Edition to Lords of Waterdeep..and of course D&D
- d20radio.com: Episode 156 - Six Seconds of Awesome
- d20radio.com: Episode 155 - I Jedi