It's been a while since I did a Star Wars roundup, but thankfully the rest of fandom has continued churning out content in recent months. I think this is essential for Star Wars role-playing to carry on; many times when an RPG goes out of print, players move on to other, better supported games. Star Wars is somewhat different in this regard, as fan support for d6 Star Wars shows.
There's plenty of new Star Wars content being created, and if the mechanics of your favorite system are sound, its easy enough to adapt that content to your game. This round-up demonstrates that's exactly what's happening today, as d20 fans (and d6 ones as well) step up to create more content for their favorite systems.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars fan source book: A growing source book for the Clone Wars era, based on the cartoon of the same name. It includes chapters on Jedi Knights, Droids, Bounty Hunters, Padawans, and much more, and the best part is they keep adding to it.
- Star Wars RPG Index: One of the challenges with the Star Wars line is that the rules are scattered across 13 books. If each book had a good index, that might not be a problem, but they don't, and that makes flipping through the books looking for a particular talent or feat a time consuming process. Until now -- the Star Wars RPG Index is a comprehensive database that catalogs all this information in searchable form. It's already saved me considerable time, both during game prep and at the table.
- Ornithopter Class Starflyer A luxury starfighter with d6 and d20 stats.
- JasonRichards.net: Adding to the Star Wars Legacy: A background post on a new d6 Star Wars campaign set in the "Rise of the Empire" era.
- Level 1 GM: "And you try and tell the young people of today that...": The Level 1 GM reflects on a perfect role-playing session, one which didn't include a single bit of combat.
- Recordings from the Holocron of Kira Keldav, Session 17: The latest player log for the Emergence campaign.
- Applying Theory: Star Wars and the Onion of Doom: Speculations on what makes a good Star Wars villain, and how the larger aspects of the Dark and Light side of the force drive the entire story and most of its characters.
- Star Wars: Legacies: An introduction to a new Star Wars d6 campaign.
- Skill Challenge Play By Play: A Tragedy in Two Acts: An actual play write-up that looks at using skill challenges in Star Wars. It's a good example of how to use them to increase drama and tension in your game.
- Order 66: Episode 118 - Saga Sans Star Wars: A lengthy discussion of how to use Star Wars to power other genres, including generic sf, fantasy, horror.
- Order 66: Episode 119 - Visions of Reclined Fence Sitting: The guys look at the Jensaari force tradition.
- Order 66: Episode 120 - Which Witch is Which: The feature this week is on the "Witches of Dathomir" force tradition
- Empire Strikes Back Retro 1950s trailer: What Empire's trailer could have looked like, if it had been made in the 1950s.