My schedule for GenCon is coming into phase with reality as I figure out exactly what games I'll be playing, who I'm meeting with, and when I'll be doing it all. The biggest changes to my schedule are the addition of Spirit of the Century and Battlestar Galactica at the expense of my Dungeons & Dragons events. I'll miss playing D&D at GenCon ... but I can play D&D any time. These games I'll only get to play once, or perhaps a handful of times in a short campaign (if I'm lucky).
The other addition is the Gamer Podcasting Booth, which is located outside of the Exhibition Hall. I'll be manning the booth from 2-3 p.m. on Friday. I may sign up for another slot, but I do want to save time for some interviews and wandering the exhibition hall.
- Blackrazor GenCon Beerfest (private): Active, alumni and honorary Blackrazors gather for food and beer.
- 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Spirit of the Century: Warlard of Fear: Everyone's talking about Spirit of the Century; now I finally get to play it thanks to Mick Bradley of the Harping Monkey, who gave me a ticket.
- 5-9 p.m. The Stand at Oradur sur Glanc (Godlike): It's been years since I last played Godlike for my SCIFI review,
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Battlestar Galactica: Resistance: Serenity-rules, Battlestar drama? This game sounds like a blast (assuming I get into the slot)
- 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Gaming Podcaster's Booth: I'll be manning the booth for an hour. Stop by and chat!
- 5-9 p.m. The Savage World of Solomon Kane (Savage Worlds): I've never read any of the Kane stories, but I like Robert E. Howard and I like Savage Worlds, so I should enjoy this game as well.
- 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Star Wars: Prelude to Defiance (Star Wars) Our Star Wars playtest went so well the guys in my gaming group want to run a campaign. I'm looking forward to giving it another try, and seeing how well it works with a different set of gamers.
- 2-6 p.m. Farthest Star: The Break Up (Spycraft): I bought Spycraft 2.0 two years ago, read it, and put it on my gaming shelf. Now it's finally seeing some action with this science fiction-themed campaign setting for the game.
- 7-9 p.m. Gaming Podcasting Party: This is perhaps the event I'm looking forward to most at GenCon. Getting to meet other podcasters and listeners is going to be a most excellent experience.
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. RPG00962 Sundered Skies (Savage Worlds): The world has been destroyed by a magical apocalypse, now all that remains is a shattered sky filled with floating islands of debris and warring skyships.