It took me a longer than I like, but I've finally worked up design comps for the Nuketown. These designs throw flesh on to the skeleton of the wireframes. There are some divergences; the original home page wireframe had a section for dedicated specifically to projects; I've removed that from the current iteration because it didn't really fit as well as I built out the design. I'll likely add a "projects" tab to the final design to replace it.
Now that these are done, I'm going to start working on the HTML build outs, and once those are done, I'll be able to the real meat of the project: creating the Drupal 7 theme and converting the entire site to D7.